Skin Chooser

Tuesday, May 09, 2006  ::  Throwing light on ...

:: Home

Throwing light on ...

6mm :: f 8.0 :: 1/140s :: Programmed AE :: ISO 400 :: Fuji Finepix S5000

This one is, again, culled from my archives. Its becoming a habit that panders to my laziness to get out there and shoot more pics. But anyway, I did find myself feeling happy about the composition of this picture. For the record, the snap is as-is from the camera - shot B&W, no rotation, no cropping, no touch-up. Given all that, I do feel really happy about how I seem to have got it pretty right. Tightly framed, exposure settings doing the trick to black out a modestly lit room in the background, no reflections in the glasses 'cos I'm behind the light etc. But I must concede that there is no room for the viewer to imagine. At least, I dont see any. The tight framing seems to have its price too...

If I learnt something in ARS 270 at UAB, one of them was talking about a pic like this. And I confess, I wasnt anywhere near the really wacko (read incisive) analyses in the class. Wacko analyses that would take the picture apart line by line, angle by angle. Wacko to the lay outsider, but nonetheless, pretty insightful. What I did above was, typically, an observation I would have volunteered in one of the discussions. I have to admit that I sometimes miss those sessions. But sometimes I wonder if there was some overkill, and I lost the simple, unadulterated joy of enjoying a good pic.

RamV :: Some Rights Reserved :: Permalink :: Blog This

3 others said ...

Blogger DigitalEye said...

Machi, picture looks great, but please kill that pop-up script, it is irritating.

Wed May 10, 09:36:00 AM PDT 
Blogger RamV said...

hmmm... i hafta look into the script da. its not mine, but dunno how its latched onto my page ... has to be the sitemeter.

as for the pic ... shud i mention that the reading matl is all urs ;)

Thu May 11, 09:36:00 PM PDT 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is cool! Your pics are great!

Sat May 20, 03:34:00 AM PDT 

Post a Comment


<< Blog Home

Cameras

  • Fujifilm Finepix S5000
  • Nikon N65 SLR
  • Nokia 6620

Past Pixels

Credits

Search Me!

Powered by Google

Search
my weblog
my photoblog
the web